So in 2015, I challenged myself to read one book each month for the whole year. I was 75% successful. Unfortunately, as a writer and book lover, it’s not very impressive. But you know, each year gives us a chance to get rejuvenated and re-approach.
My new challenge for 2016 is to read 14 books for the year. Even though I didn’t make the 12 book challenge for 2015, I am setting a more aggressive goal in hopes that I can prioritize my own writing and the inspiration that comes from reading others’ works.
2015: I have challenged myself to read one book a month for the year 2015. Twelve books a year doesn’t seem like much when you compare it with the expanse of books worthy of reading. However, I find by the end of each year I’ve read much less than I had intended. So this year I am going to read twelve books from cover to cover. Below is a list of books I’ve read so far. One of them is a comic book, so you could argue I’m already cutting corners!
1. Shakespeare’s Star Wars— Ian Doescher
2. A Game of Thrones— George R. R. Martin
3. The Two Princesses of Bamarre— Gail Carson Levine
4. The Rithmatist— Brandon Sanderson
5. Serenity: Leaves on the Wind— Zack Whedon
6. The Island of Dr. Moreau— H. G. Wells
7. Red Queen— Victoria Aveyard
8. The Pursuit of God— A. W. Tozer
9. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy—Douglas Adams
If you have read any of these, feel free to comment with your thoughts!